Activity: LEGO + Museum + Zoo
During the International Museum Week 2019, we collaborated with the oldest museum of Mumbai – Dr.Bhaudaji Lad Museum and celebrated art and culture using LEGO. The idea was to encourage children to enjoy one full day in a fun way – visit the zoo, visit the museum and use LEGO and be artistic.
The objective of this activity was –
- To conduct LEGO workshops for children during the International Museum week 2019.
- To encourage children to visit the museum, zoo, appreciate the heritage and be artistic.
The observations recorded before, during and after the activity were –
- There is a need for art based workshops using different tools and concepts, especially for children.
- Introducing something as familiar as the LEGO bricks as a medium for children to be creative made sense than introducing something completely new.
- The package of LEGO + Museum + Zoo worked and was a win-win for us and the museum as well.
- We got in touch with the right audience who seek what we offered.
- There was a visible hike in our social media followers.
- This activity and collaboration helped us build goodwill and trust with parents and children.