Is it worth buying LEGO Classic 10698 & 10696 boxes? Our answer to this question is a real big YES !! Both classic boxes are great but which one should you ideally buy?
Below are some quick highlights about these 2 boxes –
|No of pieces||484 pcs.||790 pcs.|
|Storage Container||Yes – medium size||Yes – large size|
|Includes Doors & Windows?||Yes, very few||Yes|
|Includes Base Plates?||Yes, very few||Yes, several plates|
Why Sunday Bricks recommends Classic 10698 over Classic 10696?
- Regular Builder – Both these boxes (lego classic 10698 & 10696) are an ideal choice but if your child really loves building atleast 2 times a week, then you must opt for classic 10698.
- Creativity Quotient – 10698 has 790 pieces which means there is a great variety. Different types of pieces allows your child to convert ideas into real brick creations.
- Larger Models – Big ideas need more pieces. The 10698 box contains so many 2×4, 2×3 and 2×2 pieces which are really helpful while building larger models.
- Base Plates – Every creation needs a foundation. Children enjoy building models over base plates. The 10698 classic set has multiple base plates but the size 16×16 is most useful.
- LEGO Yellow Container – The Classic 10698 yellow container is so huge that it can literally store over 1000 LEGO pieces.
- Special pieces – Compared to LEGO classic 10696, the classic 10698 has multiple special pieces. Wheels, doors, windows, arches, supports and fences are in abundance in the classic 10698 box.
- Ideal for Sunday Bricks workshop – Both these boxes are ideal for Sunday Bricks regular weekend workshops, but for creative building we surely recommend LEGO Classic 10698.
- Siblings can share – Yes, if you have 2 LEGO lovers at home then LEGO Classic 10698 can be easily shared by both kids. But if you own just the classic 10696 then its for 2 kids to share the pieces.