Activity: LEGO Mosaic – level two
LEGO mosaic is a lovely art form and we introduced it with a variation. Children learnt to build the 2D mosaic by following the pictorial chart and additionally learnt to make their own 2D creations.
The objective of this activity was –
- To teach children about 2D and 3D art.
- To introduce pixel art with the help of LEGO bricks and base plate.
- To encourage children to be more artistic and explore new ways to use bricks.
The observations recorded before, during and after the activity were –
- LEGO mosaic is challenging and creating own 2D creation is slightly more challenging.
- Children take about 10 minutes on average to get a hang of mosaic building.
- It was noticed that children who have been building LEGO models with the instruction books found mosaic building tougher than the children who explore bricks without the instruction books.
- Adding their own creativity is challenging but the outcome is quite neat.
- The objectives were achieved and the activity was loved by all the participants.