Sunday Bricks has joined hands with The Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS) for a unique campaign, where we create Art for Conservation.
It’s SUMMER TIME and there are a hundred of good things about it along with a few downsides too! While having fun in the summer, have you thought about the birds that suffer dehydration and starvation? If not, then now is the time to think and act! Birds have a hard time finding clean water, food and shelter to survive and raise their little ones.
Art for Conservation is an initiative to spread awareness and create interest among the kids about bird conservation. To make it engaging for the kids, we’ve come up with the ‘Build a LEGO Bird Feeder Contest’, where the participants have to build a real bird feeder using LEGO bricks/blocks and other eco-friendly materials. This is an online contest and will run in the month of April and May 2019 on Facebook and Instagram.
Contest Highlights –
- Build a Bird Feeder with LEGO or any other Bricks.
- This is an ONLINE Contest.
- Contest judging by BNHS
- Winners get a VIP Ticket worth Rs 3000/- to BUILD THE LEGO CITY at Bricky World 2019
- Winners get exciting merchandise from BNHS
- Winners get certificates from Sunday Bricks
- Winners get recognition on Social Media platforms of Sunday Bricks.
How to participate –
- STEP 1 – AGE – Any individual above 5 years of age can participate.
- STEP 2 – REGISTRATION – Fill the below registration form.
- STEP 3 – Follow Sunday Bricks on FB and Instagram
- STEP 4 – BUILD – Based on BUILDING RULES create your LEGO BIRD FEEDER at Home and email it on connect(AT)sundaybricks.com
- STEP 5 – SUBMISSION – 18th April to 25th April. Participants can submit the pictures anywhere in between the given dates. The last day of submission is 25th April 2019.
- STEP 6 – PROMOTE – 19th April – Pictures of your LEGO BIRD FEEDER will be posted on Sunday Bricks Facebook page. Participants have to share/repost them and get the maximum number of likes and comments.
- STEP 7 – RESULTS – 20th May – Winners are announced on Facebook and Instagram pages of Sunday Bricks
LEGO Bird Feeder Building Rules –
- Build a real bird feeder using at least 200 to 250 LEGO bricks/blocks and other eco-friendly materials.
- It should have space for grains and a water tray/cup holder.
- It should be easy to hang.
- It is easy to clean and refill.
- Specific for target species (sparrows, parakeets, pigeons etc).
- Be large enough that you don’t have to refill it everyday.
- It should offer some protection against squirrels.
Final Submission Rules –
- 1 – Send us the sketch of your design.
- 2 – Take a picture while you are building (with you and the bird feeder)
- 3 – Take a picture after completion (with you and the bird feeder)
- 4 – Take a picture of it outdoors and preferably at a time when you see a bird near it.
- 5 – Email all of the above to connect(AT)sundaybricks.com
Winners & Giveaways –
- Results of the contest will be declared on 20th May 2019 on website and social media pages of Sunday Bricks.
- 6 winners for the contest
- 3 winners – Below 10 years
- 3 winners – Above 10 years
- 2 winners from each category will get a VIP ticket to Build the LEGO City – Bricky World 2019.
- All the 6 winners will get BNHS Merchandise – Tshirts, coffee mugs & books
LEGO, the LEGO logo are trademarks of the LEGO Group.