Activity: Bricky World – Build the Brick City with LEGO® sets
Bricky World is our flagship event for children above 6 years of age and all the LEGO® lovers in Mumbai. It is a marathon brick building session only witnessed once a year. Bricky World 2018 was a 1-day event dated on 16th December 2018. It was a combination of unconventional LEGO® ideas put together exclusively for children. We partnered with some well-known brands and gave away vouchers, product samples, discount coupons and much more to all the participants in form of a goody-bag.
The objective of this activity was –
- To introduce one of its kind event where children could be a part of something big like a Brick City and others could pay a visit to see the city.
- 150 hours collective hours of building the city.
- To bring junior architects, town planners, and builders under one roof and create a big spread of Brick City.
- To encourage team-work, efficient communication and most importantly – creativity.
- To showcase children’s work to all the visitors who for the visit.
- To build a community of LEGO® lovers (participants + visitors) and create awareness about our brand.
- To collaborate with child-friendly brands for better engagement.
The observations recorded before, during and after the activity were –
- There is a huge need for events like Bricky World in Mumbai which is focused more on children and what they like to build with LEGO® bricks.
- There are fewer platforms where children could show their talent in building with LEGO® bricks or other structure building toys.
- There is a lack of encouragement for children to pool in new ideas at kids’ events or carnivals.
- We witnessed enthusiasm and positive response from children and parents in surprising numbers.
- All the objectives were achieved and the event made soft news on digital media.
- There was a visible hike in our social media followers.
- This activity and collaboration helped us build goodwill and trust amongst our audience.
The event was divided into two parts –
Build the Brick City
In first half, during ‘Build the Brick City’ workshop, the entire City was built using over 4 lakh LEGO® bricks. There were 42 children who participated and spent 150 hours collectively to build the Brick City. The idea was to bring junior architects, town-planners and builders under one roof and create a big spread of Brick City. It required team-work, efficient communication and most importantly, creativity.
Visit the Brick City
After the workshop in first half, the City was open for a visit. We had about 350+ pre-registered children, parents, educators and mom bloggers for the visit and about 200+ walk-ins.
The response we received at the visit was very positive and inspiring. It was truly a treat for all the LEGO® lovers and in 2019, we plan to go bigger. For more information about the next Bricky World, please visit Bricky World 2019 .
Disclaimer : LEGO® and DUPLO® are registered trademarks of the LEGO® Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse these programs or this web site.