Activity: Build a Brick Bird Feeder
This summer we ran an online contest with an interesting concept of “Art for Conservation“, where the participants had to build a bird feeder out of LEGO® bricks. In collaboration with BNHS (Bombay Natural History Society), we facilitated this environment focused yet very creative contest and received a great response.
The objective of this activity was –
- To create awareness about impact of summer heat on birds amongst children.
- To encourage children to try out something new during summer vacation.
- To ignite creativity and unconventional ideas using structure building toys like LEGO® bricks.
The observations recorded before, during and after the activity were as follows –
- There is a need for online contests that included children & adults focusing on their creativity.
- There are very less platforms where children could display/share/discuss about their LEGO® MOCs.
- There is a lack of encouragement for children and adults to pool in new ideas using building toys.
- We witnessed enthusiasm and positive response from all our followers and LEGO® lovers from India.
- There was great involvement of the BNHS team in judging the best bird feeders and curating giveaways for the winners.
- All the objectives were achieved and we received some really ‘out of the box’ bird feeders.
Disclaimer : LEGO® and DUPLO® are registered trademarks of the LEGO® Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse these programs or this web site.