Activity: Aqua City…Imagine 2040
We accept that children are future problem-solvers and we know our world will be in their hands soon. Hence, we came up with a futuristic yet realistic idea of Aqua city…Imagine 2040. Children built a small city from the year 2040 considering the risen sea levels, more population, and limited resources.
The objective of this activity was –
- To create awareness of climate change and explore ways to cope-up with the same.
- To introduce the concept of stilt house building, floating police station, water taxis, new professions and a lot more with LEGO bricks.
The observations recorded before, during and after the activity were –
- There was initial excitement that led the children to read-up about climate change before being a part of this activity.
- Children came up with completely new ideas about having varieties of stilt houses, man-made islands, water vehicles for different purposes and all of them executed well using LEGO bricks.
- The idea of imagining the year 2040 was appreciated by the parents.
- This activity made the parents’ trust in us stronger as they noticed a considerable shift in their children’s views about the future.
Disclaimer : LEGO® is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this program.